Trapdoor R8 INSULATING AND AIRTIGHT complies with standard NF-EN 13829.
This innovation has been designed for BBC sites in accordance with LA RT 2012.
Its coefficients greatly exceed the requirements of RT 2012 which are mandatory in France.
Improvement in sound-proofing: 54 Db.
R: heat transfer resistance. The higher the coefficient, the smaller the heat loss.
U: coefficient of thermal insulation capability. The closer the coefficient is to 0, the smaller the energy loss.
Insulation: Polyester wadding 260 mm, density 25 kg/m3.
COMPLIES WITH NF EN 13829.
1) Provide an opening in the ceiling for the R8 trap door, min. dimensions: 542*542 mm.
2) Fix the 4 feet in the wooden structure using TRPF screw.
3) Ensure correct position of the insulation (height 260 mm) to provide optimum insulation.
4) Fit the top side of the extension board which is used to retain blown wool flakes, if necessary.
5) Open and close the trap door simply using finger pressure due to the PUSH/RELEASE system.
6) The joint has an essential role in sealing, to avoid air leakage and prevent moisture entering.